Thursday

Interpersonal Communication and Conflict

I use different techniques based on the relationships that I have with certain people. In a relationship, I think that I am the best person to argue with because I never win an argument. I know that I definitely do not use the diffusing technique because I love to argue. But in the end, I back down, not because I want to end the argument, but because the other person’s argument is much more convincing that I have nothing else to say. One technique that I use which does the opposite of what it is supposed to do is the exploration technique. I always pay attention to people’s attitudes whether it is texting or talking and when a person changes their attitude I automatically think something is wrong. I keep asking questions and try to figure out what the problem is, and in return, an argument is started. I consider myself a trouble maker and I know that I do this which is why I end up losing the argument and apologize at the end.
When talking to my friends, the technique that I use is trying to identify the problem. This technique works in relationships with your mate, but a lot of times guys are not as open to talk about things as girls, which is why this technique works the best with friends. My friends and I rarely get into an argument, but whenever we do, we try not to point the finger at anyone, instead we think about what we both did wrong, and how our words were misinterpreted.
I rarely get mad; if I do get mad the anger only lasts for about 5 minutes at the most. I tend to get other people mad a lot, because when I am mad, they get mad and their anger usually lasts longer than mine does.  In this case I am trying to diffuse the situation, and blame myself for the situation taking place.

No comments:

Post a Comment