Friday

Emotional Intelligence

Based on my quiz results, I see that I am not good at reading other people’s emotions or dealing with my own emotions as I had thought I was. I know that there are many areas in my life that I need to perfect, and after learning about the 10 EQ tips that we saw in the video I believe they can all be useful in my life. Some of them I actually already apply to my life on a daily basis, but a couple of them I think I really need to work on.
            One of the tips that I need to use is #2: Use your thoughts as instructions. He says to write down 2 statements as instructions, and 3 behaviors you want significant people in your life to do. This is very important because my mind is always racing. If I know exactly what I want to do, and what I want others to do it will help me to put things into perspective. I will be able to communicate more effectively, not just with myself but with others as well.
            Another tip that I will incorporate in my life is #5: Learn to relax. This is a very challenging one for me because I get excited so easily, and I let the smallest things upset me. One thing that upsets me the most is hearing others tell me to relax. I hear this a lot, and while I think that I am calm already, I realize that the tone that I am using does not seem calm. I need to learn to watch how I am talking to others so that I do not confuse them and give off the wrong emotion.
            Based on the test results it showed that I am in the 58th percentile, I always thought that I was a good problem solver. I call myself an expert troubleshooter; whenever something breaks or goes wrong, I know how to figure out why it did not work out, and I am able to figure out ways to get things back on track. I believe that the best person to learn from is myself. I always learn from my mistakes and use every event as a lesson on what I should and should not do. The EQ test said that I am unable to deal with my own emotions. The results of the test were not as clear as I hoped they would be, but from this result I think that I mask my issues, by helping others with their issues. I forget about my problems because I am always focused on troubleshooting a friend’s problems and helping them understand what went wrong. As a result of this my own issues begin to disappear and I am unable to really understand why some things happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment